Due to the low capacity of the internal storage to a card in the SD is the solution in order to continue downloading games on Nintendo to the Switch. If you have already filled the memory of the game console, it is possible to pick and choose which games to move on to an SD card (or vice versa), so you can download any game from the back of the console). Here’s how to do it.
- What memory card is recommended to the accessories Switch?
- How to share games, and accounts to the console Switch
How to move games from Nintendo to Switch to the SD card.
Please Note that the below procedure will work only if your Switch is at version 10.0.0 (see update in next section)
- Open the settings of the wi-Router, the icon of a gear on the start screen;
- Select the “Data Management” (management of data), on the left-hand column;
- Then go to the option to “Move Data Between System / microSD Card” (to move data across the system, and the microSD card”);
- Then, you can choose whether you want to send from the Switch to the card or from the SD card to the system;
- You select which devices are to be moved;
- Tap on the “Move Data (move data);
- Confirm the action and wait for the process to be completed.
It is worth remembering that to move a game or application for the card or Switch does not make that the default location for all future installations or upgrades.
The data from the save game could not be changed. On the other hand, in addition to the games & apps in and of themselves, files, updates, Dlc, and screenshots, or a video that can be stored on the sd card.
How was it done before?
Prior to the procedure, it could not be controlled, and it was done automatically by the system if there is a memory card is inserted, all of the new games that you downloaded and the screen shots were stored on it.
However, those of you who have already been saved on the Switch, before the memory card is to be installed, although they would be in the game. The solution is to download these apps, you would delete from your console and download them again as soon as the SD card was inserted.
How to upgrade the router
If the Switch does not automatically update, do the following:
- Go to the settings icon of a gear on the start screen;
- Select the menu item “System” in the menu on the left-hand side;
- Please go to the “System Update”.
If there is a bug to do with the update, the developer recommends that you, the player, restart the game and try again.”
To reset the Switch, simply hold down the Power button for a few seconds until you see the shutdown options on the screen.
Information: Supports Nintendo entertainment system.