What is “Domain Name”?
- What is “Domain Name”?
- How does “Domain name” work?
- How to Create a Subdomain for my Domain
- How to check whether your own domain name points to our IP Internet or not?
- Add your domain name to our server
Domain Name is a website name running on the Internet, acting as a physical address. It is the same as home address or zip code to support routing planet devices indicating the right way to your website.
What is necessary for websites working normally on the Internet are web server and domain name.
How does “Domain name” work?
Domain name is a shortcut way to show to your server host website. When creating one own website, you obviously set domain name pointing to the host system, which it helps clients be able to fill the domain in and lead them to your website.
For example: Google.com, Facebook.com
How to Create a Subdomain for my Domain
It is not always necessary to register a new domain name if you already have one and you are interested to have a separate site apart from the main one.
Rather than registering a new domain name, you can always create a subdomain using a domain you already own, for example blog.domain.tld or forum.domain.tld (assuming you already hold domain.tld). You can also add multiple levels of subdomains, for instance, info.blog.domain.tld.
Subdomains are extensions of your domain name that you can forward to URLs or point to IP addresses instead of purchasing additional domains. Usually, they are used for segmentation or verification of different services associated with a domain name.
You can add up to 150 (on BasicDNS, PremiumDNS and FreeDNS) and 100 (on BackupDNS which is legacy) subdomains (including www) per a domain name. Each subdomain can be up to 60 characters long.
When you create a subdomain, you will be asked to choose a subdomain name and the location it should be pointed/forwarded to.
To create a subdomain, please do the following:
1. Go to your Domain List and click Manage next to the domain:
2. Select the Advanced DNS tab:
4. Select the way your subdomain will be connected from the list below:
Note: Contact us through skype to get host IP internet
A. Subdomain that points to an IP address
– Select A Record for Type and enter the Host you would like to point to an IP address:
B. Subdomain that points to a IP address of the destination hostname
It is possible to point a subdomain to another domain name with the help of CNAME record or ALIAS record.
The important difference is that ALIAS can coexist with other records on that name. ALIAS record can also be used if you wish to alias the root domain to another service (which you cannot do with a CNAME record).
– Select CNAME Record for Type, put your desired Host and enter the record itself (e.g., ghs.googlehosted.com) into Value:
– Select ALIAS record for Type, enter the Host and the destination hostname (e.g., example.com) into Value:
C.Subdomain that forwards to a link/URL
– Select URL Redirect Record for Type, enter the Host and the destination link/URL into the Value line. Select Unmasked/Masked/Permanent (301) depending on the Forward type:
D.Subdomain that points to a server name
– Select NS Record for Type and enter the Host you would like to point to a server:
– Check the Save All Changes button once done:
How to check whether your own domain name points to our IP Internet or not?
The first you must carry out is accessing the site: https://check-host.net/, then fill your domain name in the Infor option and click Enter.
After that, check the IP internet appearing below is our IP. If yes, the task of pointing your domain name to our IP is finally successful.
Add your domain name to our server
Log in the new panel: http://iptv-line.com:6969/admin/reseller.php and click at your username on the top right corner, then add the domain name in “Reseller DNS”.
That’s all we would like to show them about Domain Name.