Setup Xtream UI: Security and Reseller
Security Settings Section
Blocked User Agents
Not absolutely clear about this feature. What is a “User Agent”? A User Agent is normally a short string that web browsers and other applications send to identify themselves to web servers. Unfortunately, most browsers falsify part of their User-Agent header in an attempt to be compatible with more web servers. Useful, but I find that the manual assigning of each single user agent is a hell of a work. There are preconfigured blocklists already on the Internet and it would be from great help if Xtream UI would allow loading a whole list.
This function allows you to block particular IP addresses on your server.
Resellers – Registered Users Section
Let’s start with “Register New User”. This feature is mainly used, to create a new RESELLER of yours, a now you want to give him access to a reseller panel. Let’s create one!
Add new reseller
As we can see, you have to provide the following details for the new user (reseller in this case):
- Username (Whatever you want to call the reseller)
- Password (Please 6 digits minimum, out of security reasons, phrases are also useful)
- E-Mail (Email address of your reseller, without one you can not create a new reseller)
- Member group: choose Reseller option
- Reseller DNS (Reseller Only) – Here you can specify the reseller’s own DNS
- Credits (reseller Only) – The amount of money the Reseller paid you, usual is 1 credit = 1 UK pound or other currencies)
Manage register user
Here is where you can manage reseller and sub reseller
- Reset two-factor author: is an additional security layer for your client
- Delete: Remove reseller account
Create Package for reseller
Click on Setting button on the top right conner and choose Packages
We see the following options after clicking on New Package:
You first need to name the package, mark it as Trial or Official Package (1-12 months or else later)
Offical Credits: use this section to set price for the package
Official Duration: It is your choice to set package duration from 1-12 months or later
Max Connections: Set number of connection can use with this package
Edit a package
On the Package, screen click on the pencil button on the Action column to edit the reseller package. You are able to change the detail of the package, assign packages for different groups and choose bouquets will display on this group. Everything is possible!
With this section, you can set feature that your Reseller can do on their panel
- A limit trial in a period
- The authorities to use reseller API, delete lines, create sub reseller, change detail login, etc